Aug 12, 2010

Cover Girl Part II



I should be happy. In fact, yesterday I didn't think it was possible to have a permanent smile stuck on my face while pushing a squeaky grocery cart down the crowded aisle of Winn Dixie for the thousandth time, but the pressure is on.

Out of nowhere Medi sent me an urgent email. It was from a woman I hadn't met before telling me that she's sorry she missed me during my weekly visit but that corporate is doing some new advertising with some of it's top clients and was wondering if I would be interested. A top photographer in the area, (http://www.chrisstickney.com/home.html) is taking the photos in a week, with hair and makeup provided and I need to get back to her ASAP to book a time slot. Oh and the pictures are also going to be printed in a local paper too. On top of that I also have to bring four outfits, (a workout, business suit, casual, and dressy)and props that reflect my personality. Deal or no deal?

Never having taken any of those ultra posed, cheesy high senior pictures, I immediately said "Yes" but not without any reservation. Granted, it is a really great opportuntiy but those pictures are forever, and I don't want to cringe when I look at them. There's much work to be done to complete this Operation Beautification and only one week to complete it is cutting it a bit close.

Futhermore, these photos are going to be mass produced as motivation for other clients so I gotta represent but I have nothing to wear. My workout attire consists of a sports bra and mismatched mens plaid boxers. And as for a business suit well, I hate the "uniform" they tell you to wear for interviews and my take is a little more creative. The casual outfit won't be a problem but the dress I have may not work. It's gorgeous but has a red flower print on it and prints aren't recommended.

Looks like I have to go shopping but the whole process is overwhelming. I don't know my size anymore as it's always changing and I don't know what's fashionable since I'm accustomed to wearing tents from Moo Moo Land. Now, dresses actually come with built in padding that can stand on it's own, no breasts necessary. I had no idea. It's times like this that I wish Tim Gunn from Project Runway would magically appear to help me find something fabulous and encourage me to "Make it work".

YouTube - Roxette - Dressed For Success

No comments:

Post a Comment