Aug 2, 2010

The Little Black Dress

I can't remember the last time I wore a dress, not a long skirt that goes down to your ankles but a dress that actually shows some leg. (I think it was at a Mardi Gras party in Cancun, Mexico over ten years ago. I even got some beads that night and I didn't even have to flash my boobs or kiss a stranger). It's not that I have an aversion to looking ultra feminine but when you're heavyset you just can't pull it off. It's not cute. Yesterday I decided I needed to punctuate all my hard work with a statement. I bought the casual little black dress and I'm going to rock it with some killer hot heels...eventually. First I have to find the shoes and then I have to learn how to walk in them without wiping out on the pavement. Finally, I have to arrange for a babysitter. When that's all set, I'm stepping out with my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment