Aug 2, 2010

Covergirl?

I'm happy to report that Operation "Find a Vein" is complete. (YES! Thank you Barbara.) I also got a chance to see the mock up for the banner today too. Thumbs up. I'm not thrilled about the before picture but I like the after. I just wish I would have gone for it and worn a dress with heels but the general consensus amongst the staff is that, "Girl, you look hot." I don't know if I buy that, but I do think that I look pretty damn good in comparison. If that sounds boastful then so be it. I've been a fairly quiet, modest person most of my life and have found that all that usually ever got me was a pattern of being overlooked and underappreciated. I'm a good person and try to work hard at everything I do and think it's about time I got a little recognition for it. So there.

Barbara also informed me of the Medi cover model contest. It's for anyone in the program who has been successful and would like to share their story. I'm not sure if my testimonial is dramatic enough to actually win but the staff keeps encouraging me to enter. They think I can win. Maybe it's a sign that I should give it a shot. If you do win, your picture will be taken for the cover of their national magazine, and your essay will be the feature article. They wouldn't even have to fly me out to Tampa if I were lucky enough to beat out the other contestants. I'd get a some cash, a weekend stay at a beachfront hotel, a free makeover, and a tale of my days as a glamorous model that I could pass on to my grandchildren :) I'm not wearing any bathing suit though, no matter how much they pay me. I like to keep it classy.

It's all kind of silly but it would be great if this whole experience lead to being able to really help people who share the same problem that has been plaguing me for years. I think for me, the key was just finally making up my mind that I was done going on with the way I was living. I was going to seriously jeopardize my health if I didn't change. It's still a constant struggle,(me and sugar used to be real tight) but if you can keep trying bit by bit, you'd be surprised how far past the bar you can go. Having that feeling and seeing how it filters into other areas of your life and the lives of those around you, makes it more than worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment