Jul 29, 2011

On



I'm pleased to announce that my A game for my lifelong mission "No More Plus Size EVER!" is back on. After evaluating the situation, I've cut back on the extra carbs, downloaded some new killer tunes, and have signed up for a 5 mile walk on my birthday.  As a result, that unwanted pound is gone now and it looks like those nine others will disappear too. I can almost see that new wardrobe in the next size down hanging in my closet in the not too distant future as sure as I am blogging.

That's good too, as it's better to address slip ups right away rather than wait until you get stuck in bad situation like Paula Deen. Don't get me wrong, I think Paula is the cutest, sweetest home cook ever but she does have a tendency to match the size of her portions to the size of her over the top personality. Not that I wouldn't jump at the chance to have a mint julep with her on her party show in a heartbeat, but I doubt I would have one for long after just one bite of her deep fried, bacon stuffed, grilled cheese sandwich.  Honestly, I don't know how she and her husband (aka Santa Claus) still have the lung capacity to cut a rug at the end of the day.

Speaking of which, why is her son Bobby ALWAYS coming over at that time for dinner AND dessert. He's such a codependent enabler! You know her sugar,cheese and butter supply would be cut in half if that grown  mama's boy would learn how to cook for himself. What's he gonna do if, heaven forbid, she and Michael should both pass and his own health declines? Someone's gotta run the family restaurant. He can't cook and you know Jamie (her baby) isn't the sharpest tool in the box.

You've got to have knowledge. Not only to be aware of problems from the onset but to then use it to find the solutions to turn it around.  It's not always fun or easy but is infinitely much better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment