Jun 11, 2011

Gone



I thought I might crash and burn at yesterday's Foodapolooza but I feel like those days are gone. I can't say I didn't indulge in any treats, (I had a scoop of black raspberry ice cream), but that was all I could literally stomach. Maybe it was the oppressive heat or the sight of hundreds of fit women in small sundresses everywhere I looked, but the idea of shoveling down more junk food didn't appeal to me. I kept thinking that the old me would have stayed at home, too embarrassed to be seen walking by food tents in summer clothing overweight. I would have never even made it past the mile walk to the event and now I could handle being on my feet at length. I was with all the other women who were enjoying Sunday at a bay front park and, for the first time in years, I felt comfortable doing the same. That's the treat these days and I don't want to ruin that. In fact, I'm trying to go a few more pounds past my original goal weight and have already lost five pounds this month.

In the words of Third Eye Blind's Stephen Jenkins, "I want something else to help me through this life" and I'm still searching to find what exactly that is. Not so sure my husband and I watching a nineties band perform with two restless kids fits the bill though. I'll always have a passion for music but am starting to feel like those days of not feeling old at a concert may be gone too.

YouTube - ThirdEyeBlind.MOV

No comments:

Post a Comment