Nov 7, 2009

A Second Look

I've been really bad about keeping up with this blog and after analyzing it, (as I do with just about everything), I guess it's because it's always been a sensitive issue. I'm really good at avoiding those things but maybe I just need give myself some time to adjust.

Like yesterday for example. I had sometime in between labs and was going for some coffee when I noticed my reflection in the glass door. I've gotten used to not looking as it always mad me feel bad, and for the first time in a long time that I didn't hate what I saw. It sounds normal for most, but it's such a relief to me to not have to worry so much about what I look like. People are even saying "Hi" to me more often when walking by and I'm still trying to get used to it.

There are those that would say that the body is just a container for the real you and that you are not your body, yet I can't say that it doesn't matter to some extent. Why are you treated differently based on appearance and why does that change how you feel about yourself? Maybe it's just all in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment